How is the examination of a foreigner for the Foreign Police conducted?
You can come to our Expat Clinic for an examination without an appointment, every Monday or Tuesday between 7.00 a.m. and 2.00 p.m. Examinations are carried out until 03.00 p.m. If you want an appointment for a specific time or other days (Wednesday – Friday), please, make an appointment:
- on the non-stop line +421 948 350 123 (also whats-up, viber, reservation is also possible on weekends) or
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Expat Clinic is located at Hornočermánska 4 in Nitra (entrance opposite the Med-art building from the parking lot). Directions (map) HERE.
You can park easily and free of charge at our clinic, ring the Expat Clinic bell when you enter the car park. The car park is also suitable for minibuses.
Bring your passport, a stool sample and a urine sample for your examination. You can buy the sampling material (tubes) from any pharmacy or we will provide them free of charge at our outpatient clinic. In the morning before the examination, drink plenty of unsweetened drinks (tea, water, min. 3 dcl), there is no need to come completely hungry, you can have a light breakfast (e.g. bread and butter). The examination takes place in a pleasant atmosphere, there is no need to be afraid. The staff of the outpatient clinic speak Slovak, English, Russian, Ukrainian and will be happy to help you with your questions.
- When you arrive in front of our outpatient clinic, please ring the bell. The bell is located on the front door.
- Before entering the outpatient clinic, we will perform an antigen test (Ag test) for coronavirus at the entrance. There is no charge for the test, it is included in the price of the examination.
- If your Ag test is negative, you will be admitted to the waiting area where you can refresh yourself with coffee, tea, mineral water. A TV set will make your waiting more pleasant. In the waiting area you can also take out an insurance policy for the purpose of your stay in Slovakia (insurance of foreigners). In order to speed up the examination, you will fill in a questionnaire given to you by a nurse, which contains questions about your person (identification details, your past illnesses, family illnesses, vaccinations, allergies, treatment, etc.). We have questionnaires in several languages.
- When you enter the outpatient clinic, a nurse will take your blood, take your temperature and blood pressure. You will move to the doctor’s office, where the doctor will go over the answers in the questionnaire with you and examine you (physical examination, rectal swab). The whole examination takes about 20-30 minutes.
- After the examination, you will undergo an X-ray examination of your lungs. You do not wait for the X-ray, the X-ray will be done within about 15 min. at the latest. The X-ray examination is not performed on pregnant women and children under 6 years of age. You can then go home, you do not have to return to our outpatient clinic.
- The medical report is normally issued within 5 working days to the address provided, we also send the report directly to the chosen foreign police at no extra charge. You will also be notified by email that the report has been issued if you have entered it in the questionnaire.
- We will take care of you! If you happen to be diagnosed with a public health threatening disease, you will also be notified of a recommendation for further action. In the case of less serious diseases (most often e.g. parasites in the stool), we can treat you at our clinic – you will be prescribed a treatment (medicines cost around EUR 10). In the case of more serious illnesses, you will be referred to the infectious diseases ward of the hospital.
- After the examination you will receive a small snack.